About the library
Since the founding of the Academy of Art, Architecture, and Design in Prague in 1885, the library has been an integral part of the school, and has been (and continues to be) dedicated to serving the faculty and students of the school. The library is open to the public, though use of the archives must be done on-site. In addition to having a collection that numbers around seventy thousand, the library also subscribes to periodicals and magazines from other countries, as well as from the Czech Republic. The specific collections within the library's archive reflect the departments of study within the school itself. Though direct access to the library's collection is not freely available, the current periodicals are at visitor's disposal for on-site reference. The library's catalog is available to the general public. Book collection is stored in electronic form, where the books are cataloged since 1940 until now.