Information about the exhibition selection procedure at UM Gallery (UMPRUM, nám. Jana Palacha 80, Prague 1)
UM Gallery (formerly AAAD Gallery) was established in 2000, and regular exhibitions have been taking place here since 2001, with about ten showcased each year. UMPRUM (Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague) has been striving to find a balance between retrospective and contemporary art exhibitions, while trying to reflect the interdisciplinary focus of the academy. UM Gallery is focused on young artists and curators who represent the creative potential for the coming decade.
The quality of the programme is ensured by the exhibition committee, which comprises representatives of the academy. These representatives select from the projects that have been entered in the public competition.
Exhibition selection criteria:
- Properly filled in application form, which, in addition to information about the applicant and project, must contain the following:
- Detailed description of the project
- Recommendations from experts
- Architectural solution and method of installation of the exhibition
- Description of a possible accompanying programme, e.g., tours with commentary, discussions, workshops, and so on
- Applicant’s brief professional curriculum vitae, the artist’s portfolio and the curator’s portfolio
- Preliminary budget
UMPRUM provides and arranges the following at its own cost:
- All utilities
- Security for the duration of the exhibition
- Graphics and printing of promotional materials for the exhibition (invitations, posters, banners)
- PR for the exhibition (press release and its distribution to the media, announcement on the UMPRUM website and FB page, distribution of invitations by e-mail and post)
- Insurance of the space for up to CZK 500,000 (does not include insurance for the exhibits)
- Photo documentation of the exhibition (vernissage and installation)
- Vernissage of the exhibition (catering, service staff, sound system)
- Contribution to the costs associated with installation and deinstallation depending on its financial possibilities (approx. CZK 50,000 per exhibition)
The Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague reserves the right to charge a fee to external applicants for showing their projects at Galerie UM. The fee for use of the premises of Galerie UM is waived for UMPRUM students, teachers and alumni.
Šárka Váňová, Exhibition Department
Tel.: 251 098 139