- Programmes of study: Design; Fine Arts; Graphics and Visual Communication
- Level of study: Bachelor
- Duration of programme: 4 years
- Mode of study: full-time
- Language of instruction: Czech
- Structure of curriculum: individual studio teaching of an art specialisation which rests upon the theoretical visual arts modules as well as specialized professional modules and supplemented by general background modules
- Graduation examinations: final state examination in the history of art, defense of bachelor’s thesis
- Award to be conferred: Bachelor of Arts (BcA.)
The bachelor’s programme is conceived as a four-year course and the individual studios highlight various areas of the fields of design, graphics, visual communication and fine art work. The focal point of the education process is studio-based training in which artistic concept is combined with technical work and craftsmanship. Emphasis is placed on the acquisition of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the field, mastering the fundamental principles of creative work and applying them in a creative personal approach.
- semestral: lasting 12 weeks, in which students from all years and both degree levels meet in the course of solving semestral assignments of various durations and levels of difficulty;
- final project: a three-week project that each student solves and defends entirely independently.
The principle of learning is to master not only the knowledge and skill base of the given field, but also conceptual thinking, working by means of experimentation and developing the ability to analyze an assignment and working it up into a free or prescribed form.